ビジネス 電話応対 Dealing With a Wrong Number
- I don't have the opportunity to take calls.
- inconvenience [ in-kuh n-VEEN-yuh ns ]
- Who was Mr. Abbott trying to reach?
- ==> He was trying to get in contact with his client, Mr. Walters.
- 2.Why couldn't he reach his client?
- ==> Because he had dialed the wrong number.
- Why did he want to talk to Mr. Walters?
- ==> Because they were supposed to have a meeting, and the client did not show up.
- be supposed to = to have to
- supposed = expected
- wrong number
- inconvenience 発音
- cause trouble or difficulty to.
- they were supposed to have a meeting
- about to
- intended to have a meeting
- prank calls: いたずら電話
be supporsed to がすることになってる、想定してる、決まってる、みたいな意味ではじめて知った。 講師はその後butできなかったーがくるよーと言っていたがそうじゃなくても良さそう。